Sunday, July 11, 2010

Breakfast

On the average day, my kids are out the front door before saying "Good Morning."
On Friday, Claire and I heard them head out there, so we just went straight to the kitchen to make some breakfast. When I went out to get them to come eat, this is what I found.
"It's alright, Mom! We picked our own breakfast!" The peas are in!
Our overachiever pea plants are at it again, and the peas are plumping up beautifully.
There are many things that I simply can not grow.
Peas are not one of them. I grow some mean peas. This is Emmy teaching Jonah how to squeeze the end of the pod so that it pops open.
My heart can't take too much of this adorableness. We always plant the peas right in with the snap dragons.
I definitely ate more than my fair share of scrambled eggs that morning, since the kids had already foraged for their own food.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

I LOVE this!