Sunday, July 25, 2010

It's what fun is - updated!

Call us insane, but we took the kids to Lagoon on Friday.
Never mind, call my Mother insane. It was her idea. She took us
We did our fair share of whining voicing concerns beforehand, but she convinced us anyway. Turns out she was right all along: We had an awesome day! We can't deny it. 
And go figure, my kids LOVED it. We started off slow; the carousel, the train ride, you know. The "kid" stuff.

Then they were ready for more. We couldn't get Jonah off this one.
It was a dragon zoomy up-and-downy round-and-roundy ride, and it went so fast! I was amazed that he liked it. But he did. Over and over and over again.


Are we not just the coolest girls ever?



And what's a day at the park without ice cream? I wonder how much they actually got inside their mouths. 

And Camille just taught me how to find my eaten photos! Praise her! Here they are:




So that was an awesome all day event. Totally exhausted by the end, but so so worth it. Will do again. In 10 years. 

The next morning we headed to Grandma Gwen's oasis of a back yard for a nice chill-day. 
I'm going to be honest here, these photos are from a month ago, but the ones I took of Saturday got eaten. My computer eats photos. It's tragic.
I feel the need almost every single day to drive to Grandma Gwen's. Who cares if it's an hour away? Do you see these faces? So worth it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun!! I'm so sad i don;t get to do this stuff with you :-( I really need to go on a date, get a boyfriend, get married and have babies so that i can play with you guys. (not necessarily in that order ;-)

Gr. Nette said...

Awesome pictures, looks like the heat of the day didn't even affect you. I can vaguely remember when I loved going to Lagoon........hmmmmmm, like a century ago.
Love.