Friday, August 13, 2010

Change is GOOD

Emmy has quite the head of hair. This you know.


She's usually really good about getting it combed, washed, braided, whatever. 'Usually' being the keyword.

I finally convinced her yesterday that her life (and mine) would be simpler (and less painful) if her hair were shorter.

Then I whacked it off!


But not before I called Tess so she could make me feel good about myself and my haircutting abilities and give me some pointers. The convo went something like this:
Tess: "Just cut it Jayne, it's not a big deal."
Jayne: Hyperventilating
Tess: "Jayne. No crazy layers, just mild ones. Go."
Jayne: Mildly hyperventilating.
Tess: "You can do this. I have ultimate faith in you."
Jayne: "Pray for us."

The support troops were out in full force.

This is Jonah asking Caleb if he could get his hair cut next.

This is Emmy being happy/shocked.

I was very curious as to what this morning would bring, and it was much less chaotic than I expected!
At least it's not a complete fuzz ball. She's been bouncing everywhere today because she likes the way it feels. No remorse on her part!

Why oh why oh Why didn't I do this months ago?

8 comments:

Andrea said...

I love it, its really cute! I wish mine would become more manageable when I cut mine, but it doesn't, it just makes me look like Mufasa when I let it dry on its own.

I'm impressed that you cut it on your own, and Emmy's face in the mirror is priceless.:)

Amanda said...

Beautiful! you did a great job Jayne, really truly. Wahoo for short hair in the summer!

Zach better give me a curly black haired little girl next, or he's in trouble.

Mac said...

Wow, that's crazy. Good job, eh. I remember when YOU got your hair cut short when we were kids, and it weirded me out, heh.

Diana said...

I LOVE this post and the hair. I know I'm going to hyperventilate cutting my girls' hair too. Someday. If I have a girl.

Holbrook's said...

I absolutely love it!! It totally fits her personality!!

Tess said...

oh my, she looks just like you from the back in that mirror picture!!

Sue said...

She's as darling as ever!

Anonymous said...

So cool! As a side note, I'd like to bring us back to the days of Jayne and short hair. Remember how HUGE your hair got that one summer? It was epic, I'm sure. This is awesome and I'm glad you have passed on the curls to your curly girl! Love it!