Monday, August 23, 2010

Politely Stubborn

Even though Jonah is an incredibly tender hearted little guy, he's not immune to the wonders of being Two. The need to explore independence and to play around with a bit of disagreeing is beginning to show in him.
An example from this evening:

Me: "Jonah, time to go get in your bed."
Jonah: "No thanks."
Me: "Why not?"
Jonah: "Because that's not the plan."
Me: "Oh really?"
Jonah: "Yeah, because I don't like that plan."

At least he's polite about it.
This adorable face gets away with way too much.

Guess where he learned his skills?

Good guess!

2 comments:

Sue said...

That's exactly something that Jacob would say. Actually, probably has said it! With a smile that you can't argue with.

Diana said...

Hahahaha!

So can you keep a straight face or do you laugh?

So far with Luke he hasn't really hit any two's-like behavior, but sometimes when he "misbehaves" I can't help but crack up. I'm working on it.