Thursday, September 02, 2010

My Camp Girls

Whew. I took a little break from blogging because for a minute there I thought that doing the dishes and folding the laundry were more important.

Don't worry, I got over it!
My priorities are straight again.

And I have the best thing to blog about! Last Sunday we got together with our old girl friends from Camp Loll. You know, Camp Loll? That place that changed my life forever? That place where I met Caleb? That place where all my dreams came true and I found this group of the goofiest girls on the planet? Yeah, that place. 
It took a little while to get a photo of all of us looking at the camera.

But we did eventually get one.

This photo represents a good portion of the gals that I spent my summers with. When you live 75% of the time with no electricity, and 100% of the time with no telephones, no flushing toilets, and no shelter from the elements (tipi's are awesome, but not exactly... warm) you get to know the people you live with really well.
Here's a few of us, back in the day.

This photo was taken after church on Sunday, which is why our hair is washed and we're not wearing green and scout-green. 
We had a 'chapel' in a beautiful grove by the lake, with log benches and this great carved log pulpit. We were the Camp Loll Branch. It was official (absolutely no very little sacrilege there). The loons would sing right through Sacrament Meeting. Nothing else like it in the world, my friends.
And look! This is where we lived!


I stole those two photos from Kate. She had a camera way back then, unlike I. 

Let us now return to 2010. 

11 years later, having not seen them in way too long, it was nice to find that we were just as bonded as ever.

Some of us are old and married, some of us have kids (which makes us even older), and some of us are young and single. All of us are happy.

We all got together at DeAnn's house. Let me tell you something about DeAnn. She's basically my soul sister. We're only 5 few days apart in age, and we spent the better part of our teenage years together (after meeting and being tipi mates at camp). The teen years are some pretty important years when it comes to friends, let me tell you what.
She's the pretty blonde one holding Emmy in the group photos above. I don't even know what else to say other than I love her, and I always will.

The cool thing is that her parents are serving a LDS mission right now, so she and her husband are living in her parent's house! So I got to take my kids to play where I used to play! It was reminiscent to the max.

Do you see the chocolate cake crumbs on the little guy's (see? protecting the innocent again) plate there on the right? That chocolate cake changed my life. It's going to get a post all of it's own here soon.

Claire was hard at work perfecting her thumb sucking skills. She's figured out that if her pointer finger's sticking straight up it's much easier to get the thumb in the mouth.
What a brilliant child:)

These beautiful photos were all taken by DeAnn, who has a camera like Caleb's. I brought my camera along, but compared to her photos mine were lacking. So she shared.
I told you she was great!

I hope we keep having these little happiness reunions forever. We share some pretty odd things, and there's simply no one else in the world who can relate. Which is lucky for everyone else.

6 comments:

Mac said...

That last picture of Emmy is awesome! Camera jealousy!

JoAnn said...

Such a great day!

JoAnn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thompson said...

How fun you girls are so beautiful!! I miss all of you so much, I am glad that you still get together and have fun! Loll is a home for many of us and brought so many wonderful ladies together!! You are so cute and so is this bunch of girls.

Unknown said...

I love us :-) What a fun night!

Anonymous said...

I love you! Thanks again for coming over! It was so fun to get together and I'm glad we are all still good friends!