Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Measuring up

When ever Caleb comes up with a project that he "might need Jonah's help with," Jonah drops everything and grabs his tools. Literally. 
You can't correctly use the word 'literally' when describing something very often, but in this case it fits.

For this project, the handy-dandy measuring tape was needed. It's possibly the cutest thing he received for Christmas this year.

Claire's jealous.
 It's a funny thing to watch when Jonah goes to get his tools. He tries hard not to show that he's feeling like the most important boy in the world because his Daddy wants to play with him - there's only the determined look of a little man off to do his duty. He looks at least two inches taller when he strides off too, which is hilarious.
"Ok Dad, I'll grab my hammer and see you in the garage."

Caleb is attempting to raise a man who will Preside, Provide, and Protect, and I couldn't be happier.
 "Wait Mom, what about me? I'm helping too!"
"Plus I look exactly like my Dad, so I get bonus points."

The item of creation was a measuring board. I've been keeping track of their heights sporadically on bits of paper here and there, which is less effective.
They get to be measured on their birthdays, and also their half birthdays (if I remember).
Emmy was the first mark on the board! Fairy dress-up with uhmmm... fairy hair... and all. I love the strain to be as tall as possible.

 Three feet, four inches. Not bad, little lady.

Now I'm going to hunt up all of those stray bits of paper with heights scribbled on them and add them to the board. Maybe.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

She's over half my height already. Cute dress ;)

Can I just mention Claire is the cutest baby ever.

Unknown said...

Only two feet shorter than me! And awesome job Jonah, you are the best helper ever! And yeah, Claire really is the cutest baby ever.

Just Jenne said...

Oh my goodness, Jayne. Such cute kids and family! You're such a great mom--learnt from your mom. The pic with Caleb and Claire--all she needs is a little penciled in hair under her chin. You've got to do that sometime with a picture of them together! They DO look exactly alike!

Bethanie said...

"Babies with unibrows are dangerous." --Max Kloepfer