Good morning sleepy face, and Happy Birthday.
I'm sorry that you're my little guinea pig child. Hopefully you'll turn out alright.
And sorry about those super cute fuzzy pink boot slippers that I got you that were too small. I forgot that you were big. I'm not in denial.
Thank you for graciously and promptly forgiving me. "It's ok, Mom, I'll just give them to Lainey."
At least the shirt was a hit.
And if that hadn't smoothed things over, this party would have!
For all my failings, I can throw a swingin' valentine's day birthday party.
I've had 5 years of practice now.
Although one little gal, upon entering the front door remarked "I've never been to your house before!!!" and after glancing around for a minute offered a "huh."
Then during the valentine making, I heard a "Look at these sparkly stickers! They're almost as sparkly as my eyes."
We had to bend the rules a little bit and invite 6 friends to the party. Usually we only invite as many friends as your new age - but when you have 6 best friends how can you choose which one to not invite? You don't, that's what.
I assumed that they would want to make valentine's for their Daddy's, but they only wanted to make them for each other. It was really adorable - the glitter and doilies were flying amid girlie little voices spelling out their own names for each other.
I love messes. Especially gluey stickery doily tapey crepey markery foam shapey crayony ones.
We also played a killer round of pin-the-horn-on-the-unicorn.
Thankfully no one actually got it in the right spot, so everyone won!
I'm afraid of competition.
Jonah was amazingly at ease with all the females in the house.
Not sure if that's good or not. We'll go with good.
Poor thing never did get a horn.
Present time was interesting to observe. I am amazed at how much these little girls have all matured in the last year. Five is really very different than four.
They were all so excited for Emmy - they just couldn't wait for her to open the gifts they had brought her. There was no wanting to play with/keep the gift themselves, as in years past.The more she opened, the closer they crowded in. They were all sitting within a three-foot square by the time it was all over.
Then there was a "Are we getting candy at this party?"
Jayne: "No, we don't really do a lot of candy at our house."
The sarcastic reply: "Oh. I bet your daughter loves that."
To which I had a hearty chuckle.
I think the cake made up for her disappointment.
Thank you very much.
It was a raging success.
And was reduced to this in a matter of minutes. Which was awesome.
All in all, happiness reigned. They all went home happy, and without major incident.
We only sustained one fatality!
And she came back to life a few hours later, so no biggie.
9 comments:
She revived enough to post at 10:30 at night!!!
A+++ for awesome momminess! and Emmy is the best, most beautiful guinee pig ever. Okay, maybe not as much as Katie, but real close.
:) When we visited yesterday all was clean and sane, so the recovery not only happened in time but with a vengeance! :)
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMY!!!
Happy Birthday Emmy!!!! Awesome party Jayne :-)
Oh and let's hope Emmy turns out better than me...at least more social ;-)
Happy birthday Emmy!! I love your five year old face!!
(hott pants Jayne). :)
Oh I meant to tell you that yesterday. Love the jeans, super cute!
I think the unicorn won!
Love it!! She is really a big girl now...and each year it just gets worse..I mean better!! :)
Happy Birthday Em!
Jayne -- HAWT PANTS!!
Post a Comment