Have you been craving a little spring?
Oh. It's already spring where you live? Huh. Well. Here in the frozen Rockies it's still winter. But spring is peeking in.
And with spring comes the mud. And I welcome it.
Yes please. This was last week when it was warm enough to melt the snow but still chilly enough to need a coat. Not so this week! It's light jacket weather - my very favorite.
Sunshine, where have you been? I've missed you so!
We live on a quiet street. It's even more quiet since our best buddies moved.
That nice quiet street becomes a nice muddy driveway long before you reach our house. Emphasis on long. And muddy. And completely lovely.
Claire enjoys the first twenty minutes or so of her rides in the backpack. After that she gets so sleepy the rest of the walk is a blur.
You know those big signs that come out when the weather's really bad that say "Chains or Snow Tires Required" as you head up the mountain? I'm thinking about making one for our driveway that says "Mud Boots Required". Because they kinda are.

2 comments:
Haha! It's true, the speed daemons are gone and the street is a much safer place!!
Ha! Liz, that's not what I meant! I mean quieter as in lonelier:)
At least you're not far.
Post a Comment