We had cousins at our house last week. This is a favorite kinda thing.
It's funny to watch these two littles become more aware of each other. They're so different, but they get along well. I think they even like each other. You know, so far.
That goes for these two as well. They're close in age (though not in size) and their imaginations blend nicely. When Emmy gets involved it can get a little haywire, but just the two of them is perfect.
I'm not saying that Emmy can be... over powering. I'm just saying. And I'm not positive what exactly I'm saying. I'm just saying. Something. Moving on...
Tess and Co. do come over often just to play, but this particular event had a reason: I needed a baby sitter, and preferably one with milk. You know, that kind of milk. You don't need details, right? Right. Thank you. Tess thanks you too.
Because I was heading out for more than one hour, and Claire has her needs. And I was going skiing.
what.
I know. Me. The used-to-be-passionate-about-nothing-else-skier.
I worked in the ski industry from age 13 to age 22 when I had my first baby. It took up a large portion of my life, and I lurved it. One of my ski industry jobs was at a ski shop, so naturally I had all the nicest of the nice ski gear because it was cheap because ski company people love to give employees great deals because if you're wearing it and look cool, other people will want it too. I know, hard to believe, but I used to almost be cool.
Anyways, my point is, that those days have come and gone. Way gone. "Cool" no longer means "cool" in my world. "Cool" these days means "low temperature."
Do you want to see me the night before getting my things together to go skiing? Are you sure? Ok.
Can we move on? Thank you.
I woke up every hour that night, thinking it must be time to get up and go. It felt very Christmas-eve-ish.
So I went skiing.
My brother-in-law (Hi Levi!) had two free passes to Deer Valley, and he knows about my suppressed skiing desires, so he took me. Bless his generous heart!
When I arrived, it was pouring rain. I took a picture of my windshield while I waited for Levi. When it's raining in the parking lot, it's snowing on the lift.
Much happiness ensued.
Sarah (Levi's very significant other) joined us, which was delightful. The day after this she flew up to Alaska and is now working for a Heli-Ski company. I know, right? The cute part is, she didn't know how to ski! So she met us there, and I taught her! So not only did I get to have an awesome day of skiing, I also got to dust off my instructor skills and share my ski-love with someone new. I loved it, thank you Sarah!
Not only was my day absolutely perfectly fantastic, but my kids had a ball too. Looks like Tess might want five kids after all, now that she knows she's a pro.
She also took all of these beautiful photos, thank her very much.
Jonah was happy at the kitchen sink, washing dishes. For two hours.
After that he mopped the floor. From his chair.
No, this isn't the kids anxiously awaiting my return. They're watching for the favorite neighbor who was coming to pick up Emmy.
But I might pretend they're watching for me...
Just like I might pretend that this little gal missed me. Doesn't she look really torn up about me being gone? Mmm hmm.
And may I end on an entirely different note. Look at these blue eyes.
*sigh*
Gorgeous.
Don't get me wrong, I love the blackish deep brown that monopolizes my children, but I often find myself gazing at my little Calvin and forgetting what I was thinking about.








3 comments:
I love your skirt. And you ski day. And my big sisters. And their kids. And blue eyes. And brownishblack eyes. And mud boots. And fuzzy jammies. And Claire.
Calvin does that to me too
I love it when sisters share everything. You are blessed.
The kids all look adorable!
Post a Comment