Thursday, April 21, 2011

Favorite Aunt

Isn't my post title great? It really ought to rile them up. 
My minions have six aunts, not including the greats (whom they also love), with the potential for two more. 
 We're huge Aunt-Fans around here.

 This one was 90% responsible for clothing my first naked child.

Aunts are like Moms, but without the disciplinary actions.
Aunt Katie just moved to our neighborhood and the kids are totally baffled as to why she's not here every single minute of everyday, because she would be if they always got what they wanted. She did babysit the kids at her new house before she even unpacked, so I'd say things are going pretty well! 
Welcome to the neighborhood! You signed a lease, right? A 10 year one? Perfect!

Aunt Cami up and moved to Warshington a while ago, but came to visit us on Sunday. I talk to her at least 9 (nine) times a day, but the real thing was so nice to see. 
Our phone calls are usually like this: 

*ring ring*

(remember when phones sounded like that?)

"Buddy the elf, what's your favorite color?"
"Dude."
"Hey man."
"Whatsup."
"I'm doing laundry."
"Me too."
"I got a new broom yesterday!"
"Dude, did you get the one at Costco?"
"With the black grippy thing?"
"Yeah man"
"Best broom ever!"


She was immediately invited to the sacred top bunk. 

Then Aunt Katie came to visit as well. 
What started out with a 
"Walk to me, Claire!"
"No, walk to ME, Claire!"
Quickly turned into this.

Cami has her strong points. Wrestling is not one of them.

I'm really not sure what she was thinking. 
Katie's brothers taught her well.

I can report that Claire did not end up walking to either one of them. 

I can also report that everyone lived, and learned a few lessons.
Thank you for visiting us, Cami my friend! I lurve you. Who is that child on the right? She's so lovely! Wow! What a charmer!

And let me clarify, just in case some one missed it: my kids do not have a favorite aunt. They have six favorite aunts.

And dearest Cambo, warn me next time you come so I can hide the fragiles.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Dear Katie,

A further clarification is needed. This post is about me coming to visit, not you moving to the neighborhood. Thus the name of the post. That paragraph at the end was put in there so Jayne wouldn't have to wrestle you on the couch when you pwn her about blogging so many wonderful things about me.

I love you.

Unknown said...

Dear Camille,

I checked with my nieces and nephew and it was confirmed that I, in fact, am the favorite aunt. So obviously this post is about me and how awesome i am and how excited the kids are that i live close and Jayne just felt obligated to include you... because you came from the same womb. You will notice that there are more pics of me... Just saying.

Work on your fighting skills a bit and we will try that part were I COMPLETELY DOMINATE you again.

I love you.

Camille said...

Fine Katie. But I garauntee they call me more.

Unknown said...

Jayne or the kids? Jayne never calls me ;-) But the kids call every day...More than that? Huh huh huh huh??????

Holbrook's said...

Ummm...with that hair Cami looks JUST LIKE YOUR MOM!!! I love it!!