Friday, April 22, 2011

We have a situation

Emmy and Jonah will occasionally go outside and disappear. I don't worry about it too much because they can't get to the creek and I don't think the bears and mountain lions will really bother them.

Kidding!

After they had been very quiet for about 45 minutes yesterday, I decided I had better investigate.
The first thing I found, upon exiting the house, were these. 
Notice there are no little feet in them.

I heard faint little chattery voices coming from the backyard, and as I looked towards the sound, my eye caught this.
A lovingly draped jacket. Notice there is no little torso in it.


So I peeked around the corner.
Hmmm....
These kids find some interesting places to work.

It appeared to be very pleasant work.

I'm still not exactly sure what they were doing, but I was not about to interrupt.

Jonah, at one point, had to go get some more tools and was pretty stoked about finding a rake.

It was around this time that it occurred to me that there was a little pair of shoes on the porch. Which made me wonder what was on their feet.

 I was too far away to hear what they were saying, but the conversation was quite animated.

Yes, yes. They are in their jammies. Give me a break, it was only like... 11:00.
I should probably go up there now and see what they were doing. If something goes missing, I'll know where to dig it up.

Curses! I've been spotted!


*sigh* I bet you anything they quit their game now. I ran back inside.


About 3 minutes later, there was a knock on the door. 
 Oh Hi, Jonah! Can I help you with something? The hose is over there. Love you!

Hmmmm. Socks.
Does any one have any great tips on how to teach toddlers to do their own laundry?

2 comments:

Camille said...

So... What were they doing?

karla said...

Laundry is a mom job. Making clothes need the laundry is a kid job. Your little people are the best workers around.