Monday, April 18, 2011

Tank the wonder dog

We heart cousins.
We especially heart cousins outside in the springtime.

Springtime is a new one for these two.
They are incredibly content just sitting and soaking up the newness.

The old sages of the cousins are more into the active springtime play stuff.

Oooop... I spoke too soon. She's off! 

We really love having cousins at our house - it makes everything more fun. This most recent visit was made even more fun by the dog which accompanied them. Who happened to be shedding his winter coat. Which is why he stayed outside. Bless him.
Tess brought her grooming undercoat removal brush (it's all so scientific) and let me groom her doggy.
I say 'let me' and I mean it - this was a very new and interesting experience for me, and I'm all about those. I seriously love this dog! And I also really love that he's hers.

And her dog seriously loves me too! This felt goooood to him.

Calvin kept a very sharp watch to make sure I did it right.

Claire kept a very sharp watch and was also glad that the dog belonged to Calvin.

What happened next shocked the world.
Whose child is that? He... he kinda looks.... you know, he almost looks like... like Jonah.

It couldn't be him. Jonah has a healthy fear of dogs. A healthy, thriving, passionate fear. He had an incident with a stranger's dog when he was almost two years old, and hasn't really, uh... cared for dogs ever since.

But even Jonah can't resist this hugungeousgargantuan puppy.
Oh Tank, how dearly I love you. Come visit again.

Right now.

1 comment:

Nordic Valley ward Young Women said...

YAY FOR JONAH!!
You really are pretty brave after all Jonah Ben :)
And yes, we will be back soon, you can count on that. sorry. :)