Saturday, May 14, 2011

One less trip to the grocery store? Sign me up.

Well well well, what have we here?
 Mmmmm.... hello gorgeous mounding pile of fresh deliciousness.
I love you.

Let's see what's in the first bag,
 Wow! Look at all those tomatoes! Fresh salsa here we come.

 Mmm... a five pound bag of apples, more onions than I will ever eat, bell peppers... yes. This is good.

 Romaine? Two cucumbers? Sounds like lunch to me.

You look like my pretend vacation to somewhere tropical. 

Corn on the cob? Beautiful, blessed, corn on the cob! I'm gettin' all misty here.
Artichokes... those three are all for me. My kids won't touch 'em, and that's their loss.

And I only paid $15 for all of it. I know! 
If you value your fruits and veggies budget, you should give this a try. You've probably heard of the bountiful basket (even though I, miss super knowlegable) (hardy har har) only learned about it 3 months ago.
There's a really good chance (if you live in the westernish united states) that you can get in on this thing of beauty. Try it.  CLICK THESE HUGE LETTERS.  You're gonna love it.
 The kids can hardly stand the excitement of seeing what comes in the basket each week. It's different every time, depending on what is in season, but there are always 6 different fruits and 6 different veggies. I plan the meals for the upcoming week based on what comes in the basket.

You sign up for the basket online on Monday, then pick it up at your local location (he he) on Saturday morning. Take a large basket with you (or, in my case, a few plastic wheel barrows, wagons, and reusable bags, depending on if I'm flying solo or not so solo). Your wallet and your health will love you.

Wait... I thought there were 6 cobs of corn in there.... 
Oh there it is. 

The notion corn needs to be cooked before being consumed is one of the great misconceptions of our time.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'm coming back to help you eat all that!

Gr. Nette said...

me too!