The kids and I ventured up to Eden earlier this week. We're usually weekenders, but this time we went on a Monday! Can you believe it? We're so crazy around here.
If you have recently read Tess' blog, you will now know that I'm Lainey's favorite. I've known it for a while, but now it's printed and blogged and that's final.Are you seeing what's in the background? I'll zoom in for you.
I love cooking at my Mom's for many reasons, one being the incredible view from the kitchen.
And in the kitchen, for that matter. There's a chance that I return Lainey's favoritism.Somebody turned 25, which meant that each kid had plenty of candles to contribute.
Did you know that Tess' love language is 'receiving gifts'? It's true. Her birthday is her favorite day of the year.
I think it's kind of adorable.
If it had only been Tess' birthday we still would have gone - but the events didn't stop there!
It was also the baby's graduation! From High School! Like as in real, government, public, normal, high school. My Mom had 6 kids and only had to go to one 'normal' High School Graduation.
I attended this meeting when I was the right age and all my friends were down there... and I cheered them on! My 'graduation' was very similar... minus the gowns and the Weber State University Dee Events Center and... everything else.
There were about 20 of us. I played the piano for the opening song. We said prayers. I got a diploma which said "State of Utah" on it where the high school name usually resides. I honestly don't know if there is any other difference - my diploma got me into college and everywhere else a diploma needs to get you. I was so embarrassed to have to graduate with so many nerds... until I realized that I was one. Then I just embraced it:)
ahem. back to Hanna.
There she is!
Tess and I and our five small children attended this event. That was entertaining in and of itself.
But once we were outside, Lainey busted out a post-show-show for all of us which drew a crowd.
This is the Hanna fan club.
Plus Lainey, who was determined to get every last crumb out of her chip bag.
Then Emmy needed some attention, so we gave her some.
We're obliging like that.
So, Mom and Dad... she's the last... now what are you going to do?
Birthday/Graduation dinner at the Union Grill - yes please.
The food is stellar, and you can play on real trains! What's not to love?
One of our favorite parts of driving to Eden from Heber is watching all the trains hauling along and singing train songs.
"Talfin? Do you love eet?"
I love you Hanna, you are absolutely amazing.
I love you Tess. You are too.
I love you Ca... oh wait. She moved.
jokes!




6 comments:
aaahahahaa I love you cami :)
its true, my love language is gifts, but its more about GIVING gifts than receiving them. but my birthday is for sure one of my favorite days.
congrats Hanna! if you ever decide to hold still and come home for a minute I could tell you to your face :)
Happy late B-day Tess! And as far as Hanna and her graduation goes, a great scripture would apply here: The first will be last, and the last will be first. :)
First off, I think i should argue the you're Lainey's favorite because she did say I'm her best friend. And i wrestle with her. :) Second of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TESS!! I love love love you and I'm sorry you had to share your birthday. And third Thanks for dragging all your kids and coming to my event of who knows what. It meant so much to me! And thank you everyone :) And I like that scripture :)
Happy birthday Tessie... And congrat's Nah! You guys are so cute. And Jay... Op, just kidding.
Oh, I that view brings back great memories :) Congrats to Hanna!
So fun! And I am loving that view from the kitchen!
Post a Comment