I apologize for the post title. Allow me to explain.
My dear sister Tess took all of these gorgeous photos over the fourth of july weekend, and I called her late one evening and Begged her to sign on to my blog here in my name and upload them, because the only other options were to email the photos to me, which would take way too long, and the other option was for me to get them from her next time I was up there, but when would I ever in this life remember to take a flash drive with me to her house? Never, that's when.
So she did, because she's great like that. And she graciously titled the post for me too:)
I believe I've said this before, so forgive me for repeating: When we were little, the fourth of july was as anxiously anticipated as Christmas.
Back then it was all about 'Liberty Days' at the park, with the parade and the fireworks and the greased pig contest and the cow plop.These days, it's still about that. But it's also about all of us coming back to Eden to be together again, and to show our kids what we did when we were their age.
And since it really hasn't changed at all, they get a first hand look at what it was like. For me, it was also about being able to gaze into these beautiful blue's for a little while.
Hi Mac, my dear long lost brother who moved to california and has babies that I don't get to meet until they are four months old but I guess I forgive you. How are you today?
Jonah is usually pretty surrounded by girls. When this other little man comes to play - life is bliss for my little man.
Nothing beats boy cousins.
Even if you're a girl.
Calvin and Claire have an interesting love-like relationship. It's usually happiness with them, but only usually. The usually moments make up for the sketchy ones.
Oh... poor girl cousin. Don't worry, Jonah still loves you, even when his boy cousin is here.
Sheesh Tess, you really put a lot of photos on here. I'm running out of things to say. Good thing they're so awesome, because I could probably just stop trying to say something and let the poor folks enjoy the pics.
So much for enjoying the pics. Jokes!
This is Garret showing us how happy he is to finally meet our family (after Months of courting my best buddy forever. What's up with that?)
Don't you think that these two should just buckle down and get hitched? Don't they practically looked married as it is? We like him; isn't that enough, Cami?
ahem. Back to the babies.
Oh Hi, Emmy! Where were you? Wait... where's Luke...
Oh there he is. But now we're missing my girlie again.
This photo might be my favorite one of all. Love Luke's face.
My Mom's yard is bursting with flowers (wild and cultivated) this spring, due (maybe?) to the abundance of watery weather. The picking of flowers for Mommies was endless.
Oh Hi my friend! Yes, your eyes are just as blue as ever. Why did you go home? Don't you want to come back and visit me again? Oh you do?! Great. I'm available.
The men gathered on the hill for... you know... man stuff.
If I knew what man stuff was exactly, I'd probably be a man. This is why I do not know what man stuff is, only that they're probably doing it.
And the cousin party carried on.
And on.
And on. With little or no interruption.
Which is how it should be.
Am I over-doing it on the photos? Blame Tess. Maybe she expected me to keep my favorites and delete the rest... and maybe she didn't count on them all being my favorites.Do you remember being three years old? I do, a little. Bits and pieces.
Watching them makes me remember. I remember that I loved being three.
JoJo is happily bringing her grandkids here. This was her special place before it was mine.
We just can't get enough of you two, did you notice?
So families are forever, right? I get to do this forever, right?
Call me corny, but sometimes I feel like I don't have to look forward to heaven, because I'm already there.
4 comments:
Thank you Jayne and Tess - this one is a keeper! sniff, sniff
I think your last sentiment is completely true. :)
I love this. Times a million.
So much the best. Wouldn't it have been so awesome to have JoJo's house as your grandma's house? I wish it were mine. Such a different vibe when you're the legit child instead of the grandchild. Still amazing though :)
Also.... Tess, you were completely unfair in posting those lame pics of Garret's gorgeous face. I promise he's not deformed, folks.
Post a Comment