Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A camping we will go

Yes, there have been an abnormal number of bear sightings in these Uintah mountains lately. 
Luckily, we didn't see any. We did see many little babies and toddlers in the woods, but we survived them. 

Our survival was partially due to the amazing food that we ate; provided by the Dads.

It was also due to the fact that the toddlers and babies were stinkin' cute and non life threatening.
You know, mostly. Unless you consider parenting as life threatening. Consider that.

JoJo's tent became kid central (surprise surprise).

Look at my Aunt Bethanie. Isn't she so SoCal? That's because she lives there. And because she's naturally glamorous, even after sleeping in the woods. Her little mini-me is equally lovely, and get this: They're Lovely on the inside too! What a combo!

She's the Aunt that we've all spilled our guts to multiple times, and received loving wisdom in return. It's really a gift - one I wish I had.

Anywho, back to breakfast.
The first course was Pancakes with real maple syrup, just to get things started.

Doesn't JoJo look freakishly tiny in this photo? I mean, like, as in, smaller than normal?

Hello. Hello. Do you like my hat?
Don't laugh. On second thought, go right ahead. I do every time I put it on.

Mmmmm.... can't you smell it? The pine trees, the freshness of everything? The tint of smokiness in your food? Love it.

Then Chuck busted out the second course.
I love this photo. This man takes his food very seriously, and we are all the beneficiaries. Eggs, Sausage, Sauteed Onion, Cheese, all on an English Muffin. Yes please. 

Hello again. Hello. And now do you like my hat?
I do! What a hat! I like it! I like that party hat!

name that book.

There was a little rambling brook nearby, and of course the kiddos found it. They can sniff out water anywhere. They would be very handy to have along if you ever found yourself stranded in the sahara. Keep that in mind.
And of course, Claire being Claire, she got right in. There was no hesitation at all.

When the other kids saw her in there, they all plunged in too.
I made them wash their faces. I'm fancy like that.

Peek a boo.

We packed up and headed to Provo River Falls, which is another fantastic place for water play.
Well, not so much this time due to the fact that the river is at flood stage, but usually it's great for water play.
And one of these days we're going to get a great family picture taken. But that was not this day.
Great family? Yes. Great photo? Not so much:)

4 comments:

Caleb said...

Jayne, You amaze me everyday. I love you.

cousin Jamie said...

Go Dog Go!!! (I read that book to my class all the time.)

Nordic Valley ward Young Women said...

That picnic table was REALLY big.

Holbrook's said...

Uhhhh so do you guys want to go again next weekend with some others? And lets re-invite those other others from that place called Eden...some days I am so sad that we didn't name Lyla Eden...