Saturday, July 02, 2011

A walk in the park

Hi, it's me again. Jayne, I mean. Thanks for the lovely diversion, hubby dear! Hope to see you around these parts more often.

I didn't fully appreciate the beauty of a family walk until after I became a Kepsel. 
These guys are walkers. They used to go for a walk every evening without fail when Caleb was growing up in Mountain Green. After we were married we would often drive up there in the evening just to walk with them around the neighborhood.

Luckily for us, we live in an excellent walkingish place now too. And my kids are old enough to take each other, which means I get to hold Caleb's hand again (novelty!).

Katie has some wicked dance moves, and she's passing them on to Jonah, which is good because he certainly won't learn any from me. I'm more of a limp-noodle-having-a-seizure  type dancer.

Speaking of lovely, Aunt Sue was here to visit for a few days - and that makes for much happiness. We lurve her.

Most of us are capable of walking normally. Notice I said 'most' of us.

Jonah has other ideas of how to get around town. Please bless that if he ever rides one of these for reals, his helmet will be made out of something a little more durable than felt.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We do love a good walk.

And yes, Jonah and I are amazing walkers. The rest of you just think you are too cool for school.

JoAnn said...

I'd rather walk the Katie Walk anyday!

Sadie said...

Jonah is adorable, but yes, his helmet might need to be more then felt to protect his cute little noggin.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mama Jo :-)