Tuesday, June 28, 2011

It has been requested that the husband post.


I figured that you probably read the title of this post and had the same reaction as Camille here:
Thank you Camille. 
Every morning for the last month I have had the pleasure of getting up and riding this bike to work. I am really quite fond of this bike. It relaxes me. Thanks Levi. 
 I ride to work every morning looking at this: For 5 years I have woken up to this view. For five years I've talked of hiking this mountain again. I received the chance this week. 
Now, mind you, it is the end of June. The end of June usually looks a lot like this at the Hut at Emerald Lake. 
 
 We started hiking at 2am trying to catch the snow while it was still hard. I took this pic after the hike because its kinda dark at 2am.
 If you scroll back up to that picture of the hut above.... I am sitting on the chimney at 5am.
 Perfect. Absolutely Perfect. Wonderfully Perfect.  
 Emerald Lake is um...missing...

 If you look at the picture below, the cornice on the far right, we watched that one fall. Avalanches are a lot louder than you think. And more nerve racking.  

 So thats it. The Summit of Timp. 
 Then there is the matter of getting down. Glissading. If the opportunity ever presents itself to try glissading down steep snow...take it.  
Glissading is the act of descending a steep snow- or scree-covered slope via a controlled slide on one's feet or buttocks, and may be used to expedite a descent, or simply for the thrill. Just have an ice axe and know how to self arrest.
Lastly this picture needs no title, but you get one anyway. 
-Awesomeness- 
So there you have it. The post of the husband. Not nearly as heart warming as Jayne's. Not near as cute as the kids. If fact you're now wondering why you wasted the last 12 minutes of your life reading this. I figure the more I ramble the less likely Jayne will be to ask me to report on what strange activities I have again. For those who are more emotional, now you may shed tears of joy, for I am done. 
Love 
Caleb

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I can't tell you how wonderful your brothers find your new love for bike commuting but it's been mentioned. :)

Also, despite the early hours your hike looked like 'perfection'. I dare say Heavenly.

Thanks for posting. :)

Unknown said...

Um, 12 minutes? How slow do you read???

Love the post, love the pics, love the bike, love you.

Goodnight.

Hanna Banana said...

Haha i was thinking the same thing as Katie... And p.s. pretty sure it's been months since you graced this household with your presents. Just sayin. You should come.

Holbrook's said...

Totally awesome...I am jealous.

Camille said...

Yeah Caleb, where are your presents?

Plus I really don't understand why I am in this post.

Caleb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jayne said...

Great post, honey. And thank you:)

The awesomeness photo is my favorite one. You were referring to yourself, right? Mmm Hmm, that's what I thought.

Cami, I'm guessing you were in the post because you had such a great "excited anticipation" look on your face. And plus you're cute.

Unknown said...

Cami, wasn't there a new blog rule instituted worldwide that all new posts must include an image or mention of you? That's the memo I got ;-)