Or, in our case, with 'one dollar' - we had our own sets of wings!
With your feet on the ground you're a bird in flight,with your fist holding tight to the string of your kite.
Dear Mr. Banks, I love you and your changed spirit.
The sweet and salty breezes on the coast provide perfect kite flying conditions.
In other news, I forgot to take the memory card to my camera. Is anyone shocked? I remembered extra batteries! Just not the card. *sigh* Good thing my hubby has a gorgeous hunk of a camera, which I grabbed and ran outside when we were flying kites.
He actually knows how to use his camera (I only use it like a point and shoot), which means the settings were all funky for some shoot he had been doing, so all of these photos that I took here are way blown out. But hey! I kinda like them anyway.
Yes, she's wearing a long black cape. Stranger things have happened.
Claire and another new-second-cousin were inside enjoying some quiet time in their jammies. She loves having people her same size age to play with.
Flying kites is very fulfilling. You just have to hold onto the handle, and you're doing it! And it's cool! Unless, of course, you get a dud kite - then it's kinda depressing. My advice: Never spend more than $3 on a kite, as they tend to get more technical and harder to fly after that.
This has been a public service announcement.
And who doesn't like flying kites? You can forget that you're an adult for a few precious minutes and relive the joy of being five again.
Unless, of course, you only grew up physically, and your mentality remained young. Then you're still loving being five.
:)
Remember what I said about Caleb's ability to play with little people? It also applies when it comes to his sister. A quality which I adore.




1 comment:
I'm so glad that you adore the fact that I make a fool of myself in public...instead of being embarrassed :-)
Post a Comment