Mom: "How?"
Emmy: "I just close my eyes and wait. Then when I can't hear anything, I know I'm asleep."
A few days ago, sitting in the shade on the grass, Jonah brought me his bucket.
Jonah: "Like my bucket? I got it in Mexico."
Me: "Really? When did you go to Mexico?"
Jonah: "15 days ago."
Me: "Jonah, where is Mexico?"
Jonah: It's just down the road a little ways. Katie and Lala took me."
Me: "What did Mexico look like?"
Jonah: "Uhm, it was really sparkly and there were pairs of sunglasses everywhere."
Last night, while I was making dinner, Emmy threw a plastic fork at me.
Me: "Emmy, don't throw forks at people!"
Emmy: "I was trying to get your attention."
Me: "How about next time you just say my name."
Emmy: "I didn't want to bug you."
Emmy: "Mom, does the ocean turn into a waterfall? At the edge?"
Me: "No, remember the world is round? It just wraps around until it gets to another country."
Emmy: "Oh yeah. Does the water in our creek turn into a waterfall?"
Me: "No, we use that water to water the farmers fields and our lawns."
Emmy: "Huh. Water is cool stuff."
Then again, this kid is weird. And mean weird. Cute, but weird.
2 comments:
Sorry, I forgot to tell you that Lala and I took Jonah to sparkly Mexico to buy buckets 15 days ago. Need to get that kid a passport...
And wow. She really is weird ;-) "I didn't want to bug you". Egads.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
Post a Comment