Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The American Bobsled Team

I was perusing through Cami's photos on her laptop a few days ago, looking for a photo of my kids, when I found something so much better.

Ok, maybe not so much better, but pretty great. 
Once upon a time, about 7 years ago, Cami and I (her ever faithful do-dumb-things-sister) made a bobsled out of a rubbermaid tub, two old skis, and some tape.

Lots of tape.

Then we entered ourselves in the annual end-of-season race at our local ski hill, because we're like that.
We almost had to hike the thing up the hill... but fortunately a nice man on a snowmobile took pity and towed us. Score one for the Americans!

And then, the gunshot (or something) and we were off!
It started out pretty good!
Pretty good meaning it slid down the hill, which we had questioned it's ability to do. Keeping you feet inside the bobsled was totally optional. As was the steering.

Unfortunately, the finish line was not the fence that we hit.
Fortunately, there wasn't any rules about staying on course - so we gathered ourselves together and were off again!

We even made it through one of the gates! There were sixish total, I think... but one's pretty good, right?

And the finish!
Maybe we should have stayed in the fence we hit. That pond was COLD.
And very wet.

The bobsled only mostly survived, along with it's fearless occupants.

I'm so glad that I've matured since then.
*winkety wink*

2 comments:

Camille said...

This maturing thing is news to me.

Camille said...

Also, I never thought this was funny. Until today :D

Thanks for the billows of laughter!