Sunday, October 30, 2011

Welcome back

Remember a while back, when Caleb sold his 4Runner to his Sister, Kate? Turns out he missed it. 
He bought it back last week, and she bought a much nicer SUV which will serve her much better. Meaning it's years and Years newer and reliable. 

The 4Runner is a slightly more adventurous vehicle, in the sense that a mechanic should be the one driving it. I'm not saying that it's unreliable, I'm just saying you never know. 

Any ways, it's back in our driveway now and today, because I had to stay after church for a series of meetings, I got to drive it home long after Caleb went home with the kiddles in the party van.

I love that this truck is his again. It has him written all over it. Katie, I'm so sorry if you loved this truck too, and so thankful you gave it up.
His work jacket was strewn in the passenger seat where he had plopped it yesterday. His hot pink (courtesy of Emmy) lunch bag was sitting on top, patiently awaiting tomorrow's sustenance. His radio was quietly playing classical jazz. His sunglasses were in the visor. His fishing pole was in the back, where just yesterday he installed a third row bench so that he can safely carry three kid/baby seats and their occupants in his car.
There were no pop bottles, no candy wrappers, no crumpled fast food bags.

Only signs of him.

I love him.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I miss my truck...

karla said...

Not as much as I miss my suv.

Unknown said...

I beg to differ

Jayne said...

Girls girls.

Holbrook's said...

I am thinking that the picture was maybe taken on a camping trip in the Uintah's...ah and now to only wait another 9 months for them to be accessible again.