Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And sometimes, when we're really lucky, we do this

In the afternoon, after our morning hike to Emerald Pools, Caleb's parents offered to watch the kids so that Caleb and I could go for another hike. 

We accepted their offer.
Caleb and I went to Zion on our honeymoon, so exploring the cliffs and canyons is always nostalgic and romantic for us.

 He took me up the Hidden Canyon Trail, which I had never been up before.
It winds up the hillside, then along a narrow ledge across the cliff, then up into Hidden Canyon from there, and a little ways up in the canyon is this arch! It was super cool.

 Naturally, Caleb needed to climb up on the arch,
So he did. 
His dismount here was very graceful, don't you think?

 Did I mention that the ledge part of the hike was very precipitous? Very.

Yes, it really was scary as it looks.

Eight years of exploring later, the park still hasn't lost it's magic for us. We feel a certain giddiness when we get anywhere within 30 miles of it.

Although I also feel a certain giddiness when I'm anywhere within 3,000 miles of this, too.

Since we've never been that far apart from each other, that would explain a lot about my personality, don't you think?

5 comments:

Camille said...

presh!

Becca said...

You guys rock the cool. I'm just saying.

Unknown said...

Fer cute!

gr.nette said...

Caleb looks almost cute here.
Almost.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HIDDEN CANYON!!! Austin, my dad, and I started from the top of hidden canyon with some guys from my dad's ward this past spring. It has like 7 rappels, And I fell off a cliff onto a glacier, and it was way over my head skill-and-experience-level-wise. You can take me next time you go up there, if you want.
-Taylor B. Slade CPhT