Emmy started telling me this lovely story at the kitchen table, and when she was done I raced in here to record it.
Emmy: When I have kids I will bring them to your house every day before Sunday. And maybe we'll stay for Sunday sometimes too.
Jayne: I hope that you live closer to me than I live to my Mom when you get married, because I live far away from her and that's hard for me.
Emmy: When I get married, and I live in this house - because maybe right after I get married I won't know where to live yet so I'll live here, I'll just live here until Stuart sells his house. Then I'll buy his house and live right by you!
Jayne: Best Idea.
Emmy comes into the bedroom where I'm typing this and starts talking again.
Emmy: When I grow up to be a Mom I think I'll still be in Heber but I might live far away from you because I might not find a house close to you. I might be a little way down the road.
Guess what? If they don't get finished with that house that they're building up the road when I'm a Mom, when they put on the roof and put it up for sale, I'm moving into that house whenever I can!
(kisses me on the cheek)
You remember that.
Jayne: Well I hope that works out, because I sure like you. Why do you want to live near me?
Emmy: Because I love you and Daddy. Hey, are you writing my words?
Jayne: Caught me.
Jonah: Mom, it's okay when I grow up because I will still love you! Even when I'm a Dad and I, like, have a wife? I'll still love you!
5 comments:
Sweet.
I will still love you if you have a wife too, Emmy!
Horrible thing to say.
Jayne, you are such a good mommy for thinking this is cute, because I'm sure our mom would have put us in the basement with dad if we threatened to live with her for the rest of our lives. hee hee :)
So is that why you and Hannah are stuck in the basement??? tehe :-)
I miss you. Let's hangout. I have missed reading your blog...it is frightening how quickly my weeks slip by these days. I loved all the posts, especially Caleb's. What a romantic guy...
Cami, did Mom put Dad in the basement? Is there something going on over there that I should know about?
Post a Comment