Hi blogland! Where have you been all my life?
There's no snow at my house. Is there snow at your house? Humph. I'm in need.
It has snowed mildly a couple times, but it melts. The best snow so far happened to be on my birthday, and it was joyous indeed! But it melted too.
Today is the 11th. It's my neice's birthday (Hi!)
She is my child not of my womb. I love all four years of her.
But still, there is no snow.
See this here photo? It was taken last year on December 17th. What are the chances of my yard looking like this in six days? Slim to none, says Mr. Meteorologist.We have decorated, we've baked, we've nativitied, we've caroled, we've read Max and Ruby's Christmas until the entire book is memorized by every household member, we've sewn bells to our socks so that the sweet ringing of Christmas sounds all day long (true story).... but it just doesn't feel... like Christmas!! Where's my snow?!
I want I want, I need I need!
In other news, I feel all the time this need to blog about my Caleb and how much he loves/aggravates/adores/woos me, but you know. I hold back. If was to blog about what occupies my mind the most during the day, it would be him.
That face. That being. That him.
I still get butterflies when I drive through his old town (which is on the way to my Mom's) just like I did when I was 16. He doesn't even live there any more! He lives in my house! With me! Because he's my husband!
The thrill lives on.
Where is the snow?
4 comments:
Let's think positively, Jayne, and be thankful for the beauties we do have around us. (I'm quite enjoying the mildness of the weather right now). Besides, we all know it's going to snow sooner or later, right?
If it makes you feel any better I went backcountry skiing today in poor quality snow.
I feel exactly the same...about the snow that is...and there isn't much in Sandpoint either...it seems every year that we DON'T go up they get like 6 feet and zilch when we go. Go figure.
Amen! We need snow! I'm not dreaming of a brown muddy Christmas...just saying.
Post a Comment