Sunday, December 04, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

I am totally SO much closer to 30 today than I was yesterday, woo hoo! 

I'm counting down the years. Don't get me wrong, my 20's have been some uber fantastic, spastic, lovely, crazy, baby producing years - but thirty is just Cool, don't you think? That's like... Real. Grown up. 

I feel like when I'm thirty there will be more substance to what I have to say. Like I'll be old enough to have been around long enough to be worth listening to. It could happen.

I'm planning on being a very wise thirty year old. I think I have some work to do. 

Anyways. Back to today. It's my birthday, and there are very few days that I love more than this day. Not because it's all about Me (which, thanks to those who love me; it kinda Is) but because I have loved all 28 of my years. The ending of each of my years causes me to reflect back on the past ones, and remember all of the good. 

Having a brain that naturally blocks bad memories really helps with this little exercise. 
If I work at it I can recall times in my life that were hard, but those memories do not offer themselves freely, so I don't work at it. Because really, why would I?

Some birthdays are better than others, yes? This was a better one. 
He took me shopping. 

Does that just freak you out?! Do you know my husband?! Not only shopping. Shopping at the Outlets in Park City on a Saturday before Christmas! It cracks me up just to think about it. He was perfectly nice too. Plus we bought a Christmas tree on the way home, which would make any shopping trip perfect.

Wanna see what I bought?  


*breathe* *breathe*

I hyperventilated a little while at the register.

They were not freaky expensive like many leather boots can be, but they were more than I have EVER spent on footwear in my life. As long as we're talking about the kind of footwear that does not attach to a binding which is attached to a ski. Those don't count.

But STILL.

Want to know the first thing I said when I got back in the car? Just guess.
"I don't know, let's look around and if I find something else (read: less expensive) I can take these back."
Which caused Caleb to immediately head for home to prevent such a thing from happening.

Best husband ever.

He also took me to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City this evening. It. Was. Fantastic.
Also another very crowded place in a real live City: this boy loves me.

A big huge thank you to my parents and my Hanna for coming for a few days and watching our kids while we played, a thank you to my family peeps that I didn't get to see yet also sent loves and happys, and a thank you to my sweetie friends who wished me so many happy's today.

Ya'll sure know how to make a girl feel shh-pecial!

5 comments:

Becca said...

I adore the boots. So much. You're a star.

Hanna Banana said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday!!
LOVE the boots. So glad you wore them so you will have to keep them forever. :)

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday, Jayne. Happy Belated!! And love the boots. I love boots so much now that I bought 3 pair:) These will look great with your "skinny" jeans.
Love ya.

Camille said...

Happs Births, Jayne. Also, those boots are haaawwtt. USE THEM.

Bailey Family said...

Happy Birthday. A bit late.
I said when I turned thirty that people would take me more seriously now...most people just laughed a little bit in my direction.
I think 30 sounds more mature.