My dear dear dear friend, who happens to be the Mother of Emmy's dear dear dear friend, offered to have a joint birthday party for the girls. Their birthdays are only a few days apart, so sure! Why not?
We're having a family party, but there's so little work involved with that, know what I mean? They expect my house to be... uh... "lived in" and I don't have to make/deliver cute invitations.
Any way.
The party was a huge success, mostly because it was a Rapunzel party and everyone had a long strip of cloth tied around their heads and trailing behind which made them feel very rapunzelesque.
How about a game of Pin the Frying Pan on Flynn Rider?
I volunteered to print a poster, because I needed to contribute to this party somehow, right? Then I couldn't figure out how to, because I'm not very computer savvy.
So I drew a poster instead, and it took me much less time than I had already spent staring at the "print set-up" screen on my computer. Thank you very much.
This is a great bunch of kids. Our neighborhood had a baby boom the year Emmy was born, much to her benefit. These are only the ones who could come, too! There's more!
These two girls really love each other, and it was fun to see them share a party. If there were any moments of "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!" I didn't see them. They seemed perfectly happy to be sharing the glory.
And talk about generous. She didn't have to share her party with Emmy! But she willingly did.
Good friends are priceless, I tell you what.
And what little girl wouldn't die for a rapunzel cake?
Thank you, thank you, and thank you again. You made my little girl's day!

3 comments:
Rapunzel birthday?! I am so jealous. Thanks for sharing, Jayne :)
Way cool!
So much fun! Our box of decorations is finished and headed your way soon. Ceeellllebrate good times, come on!!
Post a Comment