Many things are conspiring against my blogging lately, and I think I finally realized that today. What do I usually blog? Photos of my kids doing interesting (relative term) things and... that's mostly it.
What did my family do for the past month? They survived. While I dozed. January is a blur, I tell you what.
That little bit of sicky time baby-preparing is over, for the most part, so we should be able to move on... but our days are rather grey. The weather, I mean. There's no light fluffy bliss outside to play in, which only leaves indoor activities, which are only entertaining for so long when you're Mommy doesn't feel good.
Plus this whole family has had the flu for nearly a week, and who wants to blog about that? Ew.
Hence, the boring blog.
This is not a promise that it will get better, although it's certainly a hope.
Moving on.
Valentine's Day! And you know what that means: PARTY! We love this day around these parts.
Emmy and Jonah both got cracking on the valentine making, despite having the flu. I'll show you a few photos of their creations after they have given them away - I don't want to spoil the beauty for the lucky recipients (hi, family!).My sweet SIL, knowing of our sickly plight, and realizing that the chances of my getting the gumption to create any new decorations were NADA, made me some herself. This is her heart chandelier, and it has graced our living room for a week now and we love it. There's more too, but I don't have any great photos. I'll work on that.
This felt heart garland was Emmy and I's only project this year, which we just made yesterday. She's way into "sewing" lately, so this was right up her patient little alley.
Please don't mind the empty frames up there. I will get those sketches done... some time.
So, the big today finally came! And Emmy is sicker than ever. Despite that, she was so happy and sweet all day today.
Caleb is also unfortunately/fortunately sick, so he was home this morning for her breakfast in bed and present opening.
Oh, and uh, don't mind that load of laundry on the end of the couch. They're clean, do I get points for that?
Look at her poor little self! Don't these photos break your heart? *sigh*
Claire wasn't messing around. As soon as Emmy set down her breakfast tray, Claire picked it up and promptly finished it off.
That's my girl.
The birthday celebrations, mild as they were, were a welcome excitement today. New treasures to play with, and so many loving phone calls and messages. This is one loved little girl!
She never once complained about no treats or cake. She's willing to do that later when her Grammas and Grampas can come over.
And besides, who doesn't love blowing out their candles over a nice plate of bedtime scrambled eggs?



2 comments:
Happy Birthday little Emmy girl. We can't wait for you to feel better.
Happy Birthday! We hope to see you all soon!! Perhaps a pool day...
Post a Comment