We spent a few days down at Caleb's folk's house earlier this week, and it was such a treat! They live in the Dinosaur Mecca of Utah, so we had to check out the museum.
I was very impressed with the exhibits. I never really know what to expect when I walk into a museum, but I'm almost always impressed.I mean, check this out! A complete Mammoth skeleton! This was seriously impressive.
The kids liked trying to pronounce the names of the dinosaurs. Really, no matter how many dino books we read, there's always so many more species that we've never heard of.
The museum wanders around through lots of different exhibits, but it spits you out at the end right in the kid area. Very nice planning, if you ask me.
The museum took us about a half an hour to get through. The kid place took us roughly seven hours to get through.
I may be exaggerating.
But it was seriously cool! The kids have been missing the dirt. Digging satisfies some craving of their souls.I can relate.
Also in the kid section was a "living fossil" display.
With this guy in it.
He totally creeped Emmy out.
She'd sneak up to the glass, right in front of him, and she'd stare for a while. Then he'd blink and she'd run.
All in all, a very successful museum trip.
Thanks Mom and Dad!

2 comments:
This is in Price?? I think we will need to add this to our next trip down to Moab...since just seeing the hardly distinguishable dino tracks in the desert had Tien mesmerized. She would totally love this! Glad you had fun!
I remember Leland really liking this museum, but he did not enjoy the recreated mammoth.. Scary!
Post a Comment