Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guest Post: Emmy!

Emmy had a great day with her Grandma last week, and she'd like to tell you about it. Let's see what she says! I lurve doing this. 

This is Emmy. One morning, my Mom came to wake me up because Lala was coming to get me. 
 When Lala got here, I was so excited! And when we got there, to the Secret Garden, the first thing we saw was the bridge.

The Secret Garden is at Thanksgiving Point, and it took us like four hours to get there.

Then I wanted to dip my toes into the water like the girl, but I didn't really. See? That's me!

Guess what? These flowers looked like snowballs. I said that, but I don't know why! They were really poofy and soft. I don't know what they smelled like, they just smelled like a poof of snow.

A while later, after we had been walking, I found a ladybug on my sock! So Lala took a picture of it. And there it is! It's red and black polka dots. Then I flicked it off into the grass.

This is me going into the secret garden! I found the door! We couldn't guess which door it was, but it was this door.

I'm looking in!

I was pretending that I was walking in a dream. Well, when I walked in there was a huge fountain in front of me, so I just ran to it. There was pennies in it, I noticed.

This is me smiling at Lala.

I took some flower pictures. See? There's the flowers. I couldn't get any pink in it. I was trying to get the pink roses behind them, but I only got the purple and orange. See if you can find any pink in the next picture!

Look! There's me behind all the flowers. I'm sorry you can't see me very good.

I took a picture of Lala. Oh, those are Lilacs. I just remembered that. Lala likes Lilacs.

This is a sign. The Secret Garden, this way!

 This is me trying to take a picture of myself, and I forgot to smile! Can you see Lala in the background? She's so funny. She's my Grandma. Do you have a funny Grandma? Well if you do, send me back a message about her!

This is me standing by Jesus. He is caring for little chicks. Can you find the little chickens by the Mother?

This is a little stream, and Lala took this picture. And when we looked out the other side, there was a huge waterfall!

Now this is the end of my story. Thank you, Lala. I really liked this day a lot. Good bye.

5 comments:

Diana said...

I really liked this post a lot. Good bye.

Kidding about the good bye, I'm still here.

They're doing a show of The Secret Garden- the Musical at a school by our house and it makes me think of you because I know you like that book.

Someday Luke and Ben and I are going to read that book too and I hope we like it as much as you do.

JoAnn said...

I love your funny Grandma Lala! I'm going to visit you both tomorrow - yay! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures and your fun day!

karla said...

Emmy this was a WONDERFUL day. We did a lot of walking didn't we? You wrote a great blog about our trip to the secret garden. Let's go to the secret garden every spring! I love you a million tulips!

Becca said...

Dear Emmy,
I had a funny grandma. She was called Grammy. She loved chocolate more than anyone I've ever known. And she always wore bright colors like a peacock, blue and purple and teal (it's kind of green). She loved HUGE jewelry like giant rings. And she could whistle. Also, she sang like Snow White, which is funny all by itself.

Love, Becca

Caleb said...

Hi Emmy, I love you.