A few Saturday afternoons ago the five of us were baking in the living room in our home, feeling less and less every minute like being civil to one another.
Caleb took matters into his own hands by walking out the front door into the furnace, getting in his 4Runner, and driving away.
He returned a few minutes later with a bag from the hardware store containing one plastic painters drop cloth, having spent a whopping $3.00.
Much refreshment and happiness and family friendliness was the result. This man has skills.
A few tent stakes (and rocks), a sprinkler, a bouncy pool to serve as crash pad, and we were ready to go. It was possibly the best $3 he's ever spent. Not only did it cool us down, but it saved our sanity!
Well, as long as you consider this "sane." I promise the younger kids enjoyed the slip and slide too. Caleb chose to gracefully enter the pool at the end of his slides, rather than just run into it.
Marriage is never boring when you're married to a kid.
I should have taken some video of the event - this girl has some major sliding skills.
Claire and I spent most of our time splashing each other in the pool and eating cherries on the porch. She is my fellow food consumist (not a word).
See? Cherries.
Best afternoon ever.


2 comments:
Fun, Fun, Fun!
I love ALL of your kids!
Post a Comment