Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Grow little greens, grow!

As with every year that we have gardened here on our sunny hill, some things are growing great and others are not. The mystery of this phenomenon is one that I don't plan on ever solving. 

Come, let us show you what we're growing.
Those are little melon plants next to Jonah there. They got a late start.

But joy of joys, the peaches are growing this year!
The tragedy of no peaches last year is something that I'm still trying to get over. I need therapy.

I often go and gaze at these little green fuzz balls just to calm my peach deprived soul. That's therapy, man!

Now, honestly, the tomato mystery is one that I hope to solve one day. I'm a tomato growing failure. But every year, without fail, Pete's tomatoes grow and grow and produce and produce. I don't get it. 
Those plants on the left are tomatillo's, and we're going to attempt Salsa Verde this fall! 
Super stoked about that. 

This little Pole Bean Tepee is working awesome! I've never grown beans before, and they are very rewarding. Jonah was convinced that I was sneaking out at night and winding the little vines around the bamboo myself.
We left a wide opening on one side so they can play in there, and they do! It's the cutest.
Please disregard Emmy's grouchy face - she's mad at me for asking her to smile into the sun. Sacrifice for the photo, kid!!
Just kidding.

I think.

And then there's this little pea lover. If Claire is MIA, there's a very good chance that she has snuck into Pete's garden again and is busily working away on his pea plants.
She keeps ours cleared and has to mooch off of his.
No one's complaining.

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

I'M complaining! I wish I had peas that she could sneak!

Holbrook's said...

Don't you just love summer!! I am loving having a garden this year too! You need to come check it out...it is rather impressive if i do say so myself.