Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Hi friends

What, who me? Blogging? It happens sometimes.

Christmas was Christmas, which means it was perfectly wonderful. You really can't ask for much more than to spend it with family, which is just what we did.

Here, come my child, let me take you by the hand and show you.

 What time is this? 5:45am. They slept in this year!

What do you have there, Jonah? Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper? 

 "Yeah, they go like this"
I love Christmas morning with kids. It's the best.

 And it wouldn't be Christmas without Legos.

 Or Piglet Ears, from your adoring big brother.

I think Claire was born in the Chinese year of the Pooh. She's in love with the funny little critters. You should hear her sing the song. 
So I got her the complete works, by Mr. A. A. Milne himself. I have always wanted to own it, and now I kinda sorta do! She shares.
 And we got started on it right away.

 Jonah, bless his heart, has been useing Emmy's hand-me-down bike helmet, which has pink and purple flowers on it. So many thank you's to Papa and Lala for getting him a "cool" helmet!

 What did I tell you? A Pooh from Lala, and a Pliget bag from Aunt Kate!
Pliget is Claire's favorite character, and she has renamed him. No Piglet's around here.

Millie woke up after the first initial rush, which was nice because things had calmed down a bit.
 Emmy made her some felt baby toys. They're awesome, man.

 And we got her an Elephant Lovey. She matches Ee-ee, Giraffy, and Kitty. If you know who they are, you've been here before!

 She loves her already!

Then. Oh ho ho THEN. The kids went and hid in Jonah's room while Papa brought in their present. Papa and Lala had been working on it for a long time, and to say that it was a hit doesn't even come close to describing how much we love it!

They made a Lego Table from an old kitchen table (shortened the legs, added a lip around the edge, painted it, and attached lego plates to the top) and gifted us all of the legos from Caleb's childhood, which amounted to quite a lot of legos. A lot of legos.
Seriously, such an awesome gift. And loved by Kepsels old and young.

 Legos bring families together:)

Now, I'm obviously just getting started on the Christmas blogging here. We still have Christmas Eve, gifts we made for each other (which are always a highlight around here) plus the trip to Jojo's.
Ready go!

1 comment:

Holbrook's said...

I think we should get our girls together for a jammies photo shoot...we also got the adorable piggie jammies for Christmas at our house!