Thursday, January 03, 2013

Twas the night before Christmas

Alright Jayne, stop skipping ahead.
Sorry, I can't help it!
Try.
Ok.

On Christmas Eve we had a loverly family dinner down at Zachary and Amanda's home. Did I remember my camera? Probably not. Did I remember all my kids? Yes. Points for that.

Katie took a few pics with her phone, so she sent them to me. They consisted of this:

Hi Levi, 
and a terribly frightening photo of my husband and I, which I have chosen not to share. Hopefully you can see through that classic Kepsel look on Levi's face and get an idea of what a great time we had! Because we did. He wiped the smile off his face specially for this photo.

You'll just have to believe me.

 
Then it was Nativity time. Caleb took up the Bible and off we went to Bethlehem.

 Jonahseph led the Papa donkey with the expectant Emmary to the shelter of the stable.

And she brought forth her first born son.

 The beautiful angels appeared to the shepherds, bringing their good tidings of great joy.
The shepherd was wielding the camera so you don't get a picture of her. Sorry you missed it, the pillowcase on my head was very fetching. I made haste to Bethlehem shortly after.

 The Wise Woman from the east came bearing her gift.

It was well received.


I love this tradition. I have participated in a reenactment of the nativity every single year of my life, and I hope my kids will be able to say the same. The story is beautiful, humble, and magnificent. And best of all, it's true.

P.S. Does anyone know why Papa is wearing safety glasses? 

2 comments:

Diana said...

Aw! I love their little faces. Makes up for us not doing it this year (My mom insists that if we do it we be reverent, which very few Schofields are capable of).

JoAnn said...

I know why Bill is wearing safety glasses.