Sunday, May 19, 2013

Because we're so fancy

The Peach trees have blossomed, and oh how lovely they are! 
There are only two trees in the "orchard," but they bear beautifully. The blossoms usually last 5-6 days, so when we saw them blooming this year we had to act fast!

My sewing machine and I whipped up a pendant banner real quick, we delivered a few fancy invitations, and prepared for our big event!

We only invited the fanciest people we knew. 
 This is one of Claire's besties. They hang out in 'Nursery' together at church.

And one of our favorite local five year olds.
(Can I even express how much I love that she's wearing Chaco's with her fancy dress?)

Lainey requested to have her photo taken with the waiter, but he was totally cute, so can you blame her?

 Let the first annual Fancy Ladies Garden Party commence!

 Complete with pink lemonade. What is more fancy than that, I ask you?

 There was plenty of silly, along with the fancy, I assure you.

 Jonah, in a very suave attempt at an english accent: "Hello, my madams. Today we have some lovely ice cream with starry sprinkles for your happy."

 Notice the raised pinky!

 One of the fanciest ladies I know also happens to be a great photographer. Gotta love that. Thanks for coming, Tim!

 This photo sums us up pretty good! "Glamourous" and "uh, ok, smile like this? Am I doing it right?"
I'm thinking about naming my chins, what do you think? I named the second one Rosetta back when I was in high school, but I'm thinking the others need names too, now.

Don't the girls all look like they're having a great time? That's because they are. And it most certainly wasn't anything I did, I just provided some chairs around a table and some yummy snacks. The delightful part came completely from them.

 You don't have to work hard to add magic to a girly party. If there are little girls there, it will be giggly and a little (lottle) silly and... delightful! They are the best part of any occasion, and we feel so lucky to have such lovely little gigglers to call our friends.

This was the "Hold out your pinky whilst sipping" lesson. Woah, do I really have that many freckles? Apparently yes. Good thing I like freckles!

Hello, perfect little baby. Yes, your one lock of hair that always manages to stick straight up only adds to the perfect. I may like freckles, but I sure love creamy baby skin, too. 

Thank you, "my madams," for making this simple party into a wonderful afternoon!

2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Lovely!

Unknown said...

Looks so fun! Girl heaven!