Caleb and Jonah went to Fathers and Sons last weekend!
Let me back up. For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this event, lemmie esplain. No, there is to much. Lemmie sum up.
Name that movie.
Fathers and Sons is an annual camping trip for all the men in a church ward. I think all wards do it, but I could be wrong. It's a time of male bonding and good fellowship! Honestly, I have no idea what it's all about or what goes on there because I am not a man and never will be. My job is to send them off with enough clothing and bedding and hope they come back alive.
Caleb and Jonah went this year, and it was traumatizing! But not for them. They had a great time! It was traumatizing for Emmy.
Emmy was not excited about him leaving. Not because she wanted to go, but because she didn't want to be without him.
This is right before she started tearing up. I was hugging her for that part, so I didn't take a picture.
Silly girl. She sure loves that little guy.
Claire was too busy wiping mud off of her fingers onto the sidewalk to notice the drama unfolding over on the lawn.
All loaded up in the Man Mobile!
No, I am not kidding. Emmy was crying and waving a handkerchief as they pulled away, and I just let her. I'm not about to diminish their sibling love, even if it is a little ridiculous.
She got it together, and we went inside to make a delicious girly pasta dinner!
Ok, so it was Annie's Mac and Cheese. In a few years, when their taste buds have developed somewhat, we will have pasta dinners that involve lots of tomatos and basil and marinated artichoke hearts and crusty bread. I have dreams.
The pasta was delicious.
Then we took the party outside!
Time to paint nails! Because that's what you do when the boys aren't around, right?
This is Emmy attempting to get all the dried mud out from between Claire's toes with a Q-Tip. Aren't you glad you're reading this today?
This is Claire wondering what the big deal is.
This is Millie being happy to be outside with the girls! Feeling big!
The finished products!
Yes, Claire's toes are still a little muddy. We deal.
Then we took the party back inside
Because a girl party is not complete without watching Tangled.
My friend Katie W. posted this on pinterest last week, and I could totally relate. Except for my seven year old was singing right along with me!
Also, this.
Lots of this.Then we all fell asleep and dreamed happy girly dreams, but only after I had checked the locks five times because my Flynn Rider wasn't home and there are scary Deer, Rabbits, and the occasional Squirrel around here. You can never be too careful!
All in all, a great girls night. I'm feeling incredibly lucky to have so many!
The boys had fun, too.




2 comments:
Love all firsts! And love that E and J are so close. I wish my brothers had been nicer... ;-)
So much drama - I gotta go dig in the mud or something
Post a Comment