I heard myself agreeing with him.
Caleb was putting in the much anticipated tree swing, and he had a good crowd assembled to watch and cheer him on.
Happy Father's Day, Caleb!
This is a great example of being a Dad, don't you think? They never stop caring and providing and protecting and working for their families. Whether it's at work or at home, this man is always taking care of us.
Jonah and Emmy struck up a conversation, and since the iPad was sitting near me I took down what they said. I'm so glad I did, because their conversations crack me up.
J: "He's like the bravest I've ever seen in this world."
E: "I don't know, Papa's pretty brave. And Babo."
J: "I mean, he's just like a good builder."
E: "But Babo built a huge wind mill (she means Wind Tunnel) all by himself! And JoJo's house!"
J: "Well, to me he's braver than any one."
E: "Well I think he's really brave, too. He's the best Dad ever."
They are incredibly blessed in the Dad/Grandpa department, as you may have taken from that convo. Sounds like they realize it, too.
He just happened to have a stair tread in his pile of wood. He just happened to have a drill to put holes in it. He just happened to know how to tie just the right knots.
Funny thing is, it didn't just happen!
You don't become a man like this man by chance.
Caleb is constantly learning and working towards improvement. He is an imperfect person, like all of us. He has faults. But, he's working on them. Which makes me want to be better, too.
And his years of work pay off, big time.
I know he's not perfect. But he is perfect for me.
Alright, Jayne, you're gagging us out.
Sorry! Freedom of speech!
The moment of truth! Will it hold?!
Of course it will. Those are Boy Scout Knots, my friends.
Alright, Emmy. Give it a try.
"Hmm, it looks like the left side is slightly (read: minisculey) (not a word) lower than the right side. I'll fix it."
Back up the ladder, new knots.
Now it's perfect.
Best Dad Ever!!






1 comment:
Oh. My. Goodness. When can I come see it all??
Post a Comment