Hello, friend.
Don't be mad that I didn't tell you we were moving, ok? We've been looking for a house for three years. 3. Tres. Lots of years to be looking for a house. We found a few that we liked, had offers on many, but none ever seemed... right.
This house in Midway went under contract right after it went on the market, so we never went and looked at it. Then a few months later it popped up again, so we popped over to see it. We put an offer on it that afternoon.
That was last January. JANUARY!! It takes forever to buy a short sale!
Anyone who says differently is selling something. (name that movie)
So I didn't want to jinx it or something by telling you it was happening, because honestly, until we closed and were given clearance to go in, anything could have happened. But I had high hopes, so a few weeks before our closing date we started packing.
Super Lala was there to help us along. Caleb's family moved a lot when he was little (military) so she's good at this stuff.The kids were awesome help! Yes, we probably would have gotten done a little quicker without their awesome help, but we weren't in a hurry. This was the only home they had ever known, and leaving it is a pretty big deal, so I wanted them to be as involved as they wanted to be.
The only fun thing left in the game cupboard is Jonah!
(We had an hour long game of hide and seek after this cupboard was emptied, and someone hid in here every time.)
The kids each claimed a box, and they were allowed to pack whatever they wanted in that box. It was mostly "treasures." Kid treasures crack me up!
I'm just glad they remembered to pack themselves. I'd hate to get to my new house and realize I had forgotten them!
It could have happened on a week like this one.
Super JoJo came and experienced the move with us. As in worked harder than any one around! That lady just keeps going! This is us loading up our very first load to haul over there.
We were kinda excited.
Daddy came over after work with his first trailer full. And the moving officially began! The next few days were full of chaos and boxes and throwing up.
Yes. All six of us got the flu. Not all at once, it was spread out over the week, but wow on the timing!
"Welcome to my new home, my Madams!"
We took a break in the evening to enjoy and explore our new surroundings. This creek is going to be the source of much entertainment, I can already tell you that.
The backyard will be blissful once we get the grass a little greener and the dandelions under control. We did buy a short sale, after all. The occupants weren't exactly taking care of the yard. But that's ok! It'll green up in no time! Grass is awesome like that.
And this photo just cracks me up. We look very appropriate to how we were feeling that night! Exhausted but happy.
This was almost two weeks ago, and the adventures we've already had have been awesome! Stay tuned!

1 comment:
How exciting!!! I am very happy for you guys! We will need to come see you guys soon!
Post a Comment