The day after we took our first load over to the new house, Caleb had a birthday!
Claire and I decorated.
It was kind of a miracle that we found the box with the wrapping paper in it, let alone the super fancy paper sign! We taped it up. It fell down before Caleb saw it, but here's proof! It was there!
And then, because she had wrapped most of the presents, Claire unwrapped the presents.
It was much more entertaining to let her do it, so he just let her.
The kids and I were at the grocery store before this, and I said, "Each of you choose Daddy's favorite thing, and I'll buy it for him."
Emmy: "Lettuce!"
Jonah: "A water bottle!"
They know their father well.
I explained what I had been thinking, and they chose Oreos, Thin Mints, and Chocolate Chips.
Good kids.
Ooooh, new biking gloves. Full finger, because his digits get a bit nippy in his half finger gloves when he's riding to work at 6:30am.
It's the necessary things in life.
This was the highlight: Panniers! These are bags that attach over the rear wheel of his bike, so he doesn't have to wear a back pack to work any more! Love it!
This boy works hard. Really hard. Making his life easier is my favorite thing to do. Which is weird, because I'm not very good at it.
He's a happy boy today! And what an exciting birthday it was.
Oh honey, and guess what else I got you? A house. From you.
XOXO
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Caleb!!!
Post a Comment