(Note from Jayne: This is a post by the one and only husband, so brace yourselves and enjoy the ride!)
Have you ever worn bike shorts? They are padded. I am positive that all the squishy goodness contained therein is good for lots of things, but for the sake of this post I shall focus on only one of those positive things; riding a bicycle.
Enter the Timp Gran Fondo.
An Italian phrase for Big Ride, so I'm told. I am not Italian so thank Google.
Basically a lot of folks get together in their lycra and spandex, most including myself who should probably not be caught dead in any clothing with those ingredients in them.
Anywho, we all got together and rode as fast as we could up over the Alpine Loop, back down Provo Canyon and finished. Something like 250 of us got together for this strange activity. One giant sweaty spandex party.
But the medals were pretty sweet.
Most everyone had left by the time we actually finished so we brought along our own cheering crew.
(Not true, they rode awesome! But yes, they did have their own cheering section)
Recipe for Debbie Wright's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1c Crisco
1c Butter
1.5c White Sugar
1.5c Brown Sugar
Mix to cream and add 4 eggs.
2tsp Baking Soda, dissolved in 2tbls Hot Water
2tsp Vanilla
Stir in.
Add 4c Flour
2tsp Salt
4c Oatmeal
1pkg Chocolate Chips (2 cups) (8.7 cups if your a Christensen female as dark Chocolate as possible)
Bake at 350 8-12min.
Who could ask for better support than this?
Every ride I've been on this year these yahoos have been waiting in the driveway for me to get home, and they've been practicing their cheering.
They are great. I love them.
Even Amelia showed up to show her support, and large thighs, and tummy.
These nut cases below are the winners of the hill climb portion of the race. Something like 10.5 miles, 4000ft of elevation in 50 minutes. I did the same climb in 2h 27m. Awesome.
(I love it when he belittles his awesomeness, don't you? Where is he getting these numbers?)
The moment everyone has been waiting to get over with; The finish line.
My fan base, these girls couldn't get enough, autographs all around.
Ah, the life of the famous and handsom.
This here is Jared. Being tended to. When you're as good as us, the helpers flock to help us unclip, take our timing chips, give us our metals as fast as possible and send us home feeling tired but happy.
Here is Tess coming down the chute. Tess is one tough mama. Literally on the mama part. She doesn't have to train and still pounds out the miles.
(Literally on the tough part, too. I know. She can whoop me.)
I actually got in to the sport of spandex because of Tess and other road biking family members. They're a persuasive bunch.
I am not sure what to say here except that this hug is the best finish line award anyone there received.
We did it. It was fun. Actually, it was really fun. Thanks to Jared and Tess. I couldn't get two better people to ride bicycles with.
We are Hot.
(Agreed!)


3 comments:
This family is so great. So hot right now. Wish I was riding with you guys! Although there's no way I could've done that, so awesome job!!!!
Tooooo hot!!!
Ahahaha I love that last picture.
And yes, that was pretty fun :)
Thanks Leb
Post a Comment