Monday, July 08, 2013

What we did

I love my country!

I'm not talking about politics, or anything like that. I would never dare bring up such a subject at such an honest place as this, so have no fears. I'm talking about America. I love America!

I love the beautiful landscapes, the crazy people, the freedoms that we take for granted, and the donuts. It's true, I love donuts. It's something that I have suppressed for most of my life, but it's all out in the open now! There's no more denying it. Somebody bring me a donut. Without the fruity jelly stuff, please, because ew. 

Tim was assigned to pull the cousin bike train again. Mostly because she's super hot, and also because she's a glutton for punishment.

And because JoJo was in charge of the parade this year, we got to bring up the rear. She even made us a sign:)   It was great! No one stood around peering down the road to see if it was the end or not! Genius. And what a grand finale we were!

Then JoJo treated the kiddos to a turn on the bouncy slide, because their Mothers "forgot" to bring cash.

 And a ride on the caterpillar train, because once a year you just have to! They must be growing up, there weren't any terrified tears this year.

 And Millie got together with her little second cousin girlfriend and hung out for a while.

 And my heart melted a few times.

Some frisbee was played, as it should be. 

 These two are not from the same generation, isn't that great? He's my cousin, making him Emmy's cousin-once-removed. Big families tend to overlap some times, which is so perfectly wonderful.

Babies are always being born! The magic and miracle of life is perpetuated forward and onward for ever and ever. And sometimes, on special occasions such as the birth of our nation, we get together with our families meet the new babies and have a real good time. 

Look at my beautiful Grandma. She's my Mom's Mom, if you couldn't tell. She is where "my Mom gets it from," and she is ridiculously wonderful.

Families are what it's all about, man.

No comments: