Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sometimes we're cool and we play

In between the unpacking and the painting and the general craziness around here, we are managing to take a little time to play. Because we love to play! And for us, nothing makes us feel like kids again more than riding bikes. 

Tim and I regressed to our early teenage years a little bit when we hit the dirt last weekend. Caleb was awesome enough to volunteer (he really did) to watch all six tiny people so she and I could go play for a little while. He didn't need to ask twice.

Top of the mountain victory pose! These photos are cute when you're 17. When you're 29 and you have a few stretch marks and your shirt comes up a little when you raise your bike over head, you have to call in your AMAZING photoshop skills to help the photo a little. 

Tess was cool and had her iPhone in hand and fortunately (unfortunately) still had it in hand when I started riding and almost immediately tipped over off the trail into a nice comfy (not) sage brush.
Don't mind me! Just getting all hard core over here in this comfy (not) bush!

See now, I could have just showed this photo along with a photo of my bruises and made up a wicked story about how I was hitting 35mph when suddenly a red tailed hawk swooped down out of the sky aimed straight for my head but I skillfully dodged it but it accidentally dropped it's freshly caught trout in my back pocket and a black bear charged me out of the woods trying to get at the trout and I had to do a three-sixty gainer with a half twist backflip off the bear's head in order to save myself minus the bruises and later fried up the fish for dinner.

But I didn't, cause I don't make up stories. I like to keep things honest around here.

Obviously.

Meanwhile, the husband has been playing with a totally different breed of biking.

My Dad (remember him? Crazy genius inventor guy?) built a wind tunnel. It's been a few years in the making, but that happens when you build something like this all by yourself. It recently opened for business and cool things have been happening! 

Hi, Dad! You're so cool. 

They test all sorts of things in the tunnel (cars, skiers, any thing/one who wants to go faster), but on this particular day they were having a clinic for coaches (or anyone interested) on how to use the tunnel for bike aerodynamics.  So my Dad, being the nice guy that he is, invited Caleb to come hang out.

The guy in the black is John Cobb, the genius behind Cobb Cycling. He came for a few days to coach the coaches. That means he's cool, too. On the bike is my Aunt, who is the COOLEST of the cool. She was invited to come be the... what would you call her? Model? That works. See the smoke? Gives a good visual as to where the air is flowing, eh? 

Sorry about all the terribly technical terms I'm throwing out here. 

 I just thought this was a cool photo. Again, Tess is behind the camera lens. She's really good there.

 Mr. Cobb put one of his saddles on Caleb's bike (it's a test saddle, that's why it's green. Promise.) so he's been riding it for the past week or so.

Isn't the tunnel gorgeous? My Daddy built it all by himself.
Isn't Caleb gorgeous? He's mine.

Good job, babe. Way to be super aerodynamic and technologically advanced with your bike riding! 



Opposites attract.

2 comments:

Tami said...

You're dad's the bomb!!! So are you guys. I love "spying" on your family via your blog! You are all so cute!!! If you're ever down this way (St. George) come see us!

gr.nette said...

Oh Jayne, this was a super fun blog, thanks so much.