Wednesday, July 31, 2013

We're Local

So now we live on the other side of the same valley, right? So we're already pretty familiar with the happenings over here, but we thought we'd do some fun things that we hadn't before. 

We headed up to the Zermatt resort, because they have a 'mini golf' course for their guests (and us, ha!) and our kids had never golfed before and it was free so OK! Usually it costs a dollar or something, but everyone gets one free game this summer. 


It's basically an 18 hole golf course minus the.... fairways? No, that's where the hole is, right? The.... drive way? I know nothing about golf! What ever you want to call it, it was adorable. And beautiful! We live in a crazy gorgeous place. It's just a fact.

Caleb and I carefully explained the rules, the scoring system, the order of whose turn it is, etc.... and let them loose. The rules lasted for the first hole.

Then it sort of turned into a violence-free version of field hockey. 

We just let them go. They were having a blast, they weren't being destructive, and Caleb and I had an hour long lovely stroll through a desert mountain garden! What's not to love about that?

Claire was dialing in her Granny swing, which I'm pleased to say she perfected.

She also chose to dip her club in the stream when ever she passed by, to "wash it."

It was nice to leave the project and spend some time in the ridiculously fresh mountain air, with the people I like best. 

Then the carousel conductor invited us on a free ride, which wrapped up our evening perfectly.

Best night ever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! All I'm doing is sitting around, contemplating my existence, and playing Minecraft like some nerd, and going to the beach every other day (which may seem freakin awesome to you, but when you go there as often as I do, it gets old).

-Max

P.S. Can I come????????????????????????

Anonymous said...

P.P.S. I'm sorry for making that comment to sound so unhappy soooooooooooooo enjoy these random words

DINGLE NOODLE

Anonymous said...

I ment to put a colon after "words"

-Max

Anonymous said...

I'm so bored! I mean who spends 8 minutes posting comments.

Will someone please come and pick me up and take me to Utah?

-Max

JoAnn said...

We miss you, Max!

gr.nette said...

I wish....