Claire, darlingest of them all, was suspiciously quiet for a few minutes yesterday. I sent Emmy to investigate.
Emmy came back with a handful of light brown curls.
"I wanted short hair like Emmy!"
It could have been so much worse. She lopped off her bangs, and one chunk from the back. Not too bad! I had such a hard time holding a stern face as I told her it was a bad idea, because inside I was dying with laughter. Her bangs look so funny now, I'm still laughing:) She's such a quirky child!
As we were sweeping it up, she said "This was not a good project." which makes me think that maybe she did realize she shouldn't do again. We can only hope.
I watched a few YouTube hair cut tutorials, and went to work on her head.
Not bad, right?
She's adorable, and no funny fringe of bangs will ever stop that:)
Life went on.
And it went on in the direction of the stream out front. They had it in their heads that they would build a dam and create a swimming hole. Caleb pointed them in the direction of a pile of rocks in the side yard, and they got to work!
Jojo was here, which is always lovely. Amelia had been feverish and yucky feeling and not sleeping well, which meant that Caleb and I were sleep deprived (more than usual) and life was feeling a little hard. So she came and made it better.
Amelia has no need for me when Jojo is around, which cracks me up. I promise this child loves me, she just doesn't realize it yet.
In fact, Millie joined them in their efforts!
It's just like Jojo to take my baby and plop her down in a stream in her pajamas, you know that? Gotta love that lady.
Meanwhile...
Caleb was cutting the crown moulding for my bedroom! Happy day!
Which also means my bedroom is almost done, and I can't wait to show you. It's my favorite room in the house so far. So many points for Caleb and his power tools.
2 comments:
I promise it was all Millie - she just used me as a walker to get where she wanted to be!
can't wait to see it too....
Post a Comment