Thursday, August 15, 2013

Excuses

There are exciting things happening around here! The least of these things being that the oldest child is nearing the Four Foot mark on the board. That's exciting, right?
 Emmy celebrated a half birthday. This is big news.

Mostly we celebrate these things because there are no chocolate birthday cake events between the months of April and December in our family, and we just can't go that long without chocolate cake.

 And chocolate cake deserves to be a celebratory dessert!
Half a cake, get it? Half birthday? You get it. Ok.

 No, the other half is not hiding in the fridge waiting for me. I only made half a cake. Honest.

We have some neighbor kids whom we invited to join in with us on this festive occasion. It went like this;
"Hey you guys, we're going to eat some cake for Emmy's half birthday, want some?"
"Sure!"
"Ok, how about it's a COSTUME PARTY!!!"
"YEAH!"

Things can escalate and get out of control really quickly around here. 

Costumes were donned, and cake was eaten. 

Best party ever!

We don't need much, just costumes on demand and randomish chocolate cake. That's all it takes for us to be happy!

 It takes even less for this one. All she needs is oxygen and she's alive and happy!

 Emmy my dear you are seven,
those years ago you were in heaven.
Add on a half,
Please go take a bath,
And eat some weird bread without leaven.

 I ran out of words to rhyme, ok?
I'll try again.

Emmy your hair it is curly.
You want to have everything girly!
If it's pink you will take it,
If not then we'll fake it,
And pref-ra-bly poofy and twirly!

Your love to plants seeds and to grow things,
You like to wear wintery snow things,
Outside is where
we will find you there,
exploring the beautiful blow things!
(You know, blow things. Dandelions.)

 Ok I'm done. I love you. You are mine for now, and I'll keep you as long as I can.

Love Mom.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the half cake!! Such a great mom :)

JoAnn said...

Oh.... that cake......