First of all, I like the title of this post. All of you came here thinking Jayne had some deep thoughts and wonderful lessons she has gleaned in this mortal existence. By now you have realized that this is not Jayne and that means there is no depth. Anywhere. Except in the ocean.
Through my life I have had various things I have decided I would like to do. Call it a "Bucket List" if you must. For example: The Grand Teton. The first time I saw it I made a goal to climb it. Weird, right? Some people want to go places or see things. Some people want to expand themselves mentally. Everything I have on my list is physically exhausting. Any who, years back I had this strange notion to try a Triathlon. I can't swim, I can ride a bike here and there, and running and me have an awkward relationship.
So I signed up for one. The Ogden Valley Triathlon.
I got to wear a pink swim cap. It almost matched my wetsuit.
If you look closely at the picture below here, there is a pink cap mostly drowning, half flailing, and in second to last. That thankfully is not me. I am the person behind that one.
The swim section was only 1000 meters, or .62 miles, or 3280.84 ft.
It took me roughly 26 minutes to complete that swim give or take an hour.
After a wonderful 65 degree swim came the bike leg. Half the challenge was to find which one is mine.
All kidding aside, this is my favorite part. I like being on a bicycle.
Unfortunately all good things come to an end. Now get this; some fool sometime ago decided that the final sport of a triathlon should be a run. Really? A run? Come on! They couldn't be more creative than that? (funny how I'm sitting here trying to think of a sport that could go in better and I can't think of one.)
The run is where I really don't shine. So move along and check out the cute Ms. Millia. It got a little breezy.
The best part of the whole Triathlon was Emmy running out of the crowd, grabbing my hand and finishing with me. I also will make note that in the picture below I have killer quads.
Made you look. Sicko.
Eric the Fireman from Midway also did the tri with me.
Claire got a medal.
I truly had the best support crew possible. Aren't they great?!
Lesson in the end is, I loved it. It was mentally and physically exhausting. There were a couple times I really did want to quit, but with enough help and support it's done and I'll most likely do it again.
I guess what I learned is that if Jayne says I can do it, I can. She's pretty trustworthy.



2 comments:
Don't understand
Woohoo! Good job mr pres
Post a Comment