So, you know Groupon? And you know Groupon Getaways? Love them.
This is what the Salt Flats of Utah look like when you're parked at a rest stop on the west side of them looking back towards the east as the sun thinks about rising. Please understand that in order for me to be in this place at this time means that I left my house and started driving at 4:00am. Also please understand that I had my whole adorable family with me.
California Red Woods or bust!
I bought a Groupon for a 4 night stay in a cute little cabin deep in the Red Wood forest of uppermost northern California, partly because it was a smokin deal and partly because we've been working Really Hard, OK? We needed a break!
Complete with kid sized loft/bedroom. What more can you ask for in a cabin? We arrived just before dark, ran around and played and breathed the incredible woodsy damp air and nearly burst with happiness to be there and no longer in the car.
Then we slept the sleep of the happily exhausted. Best kind of sleep!
Look what is outside our windows. Gorgeous, I tell you.
But instead of heading into the woods, we spent that day at the beach. Warm sunny days like this are rare in September.
Emmy got some new hiking shoes because her tiny feet got a little less tiny, and she loved them so much she wore them to the beach. Which means she spent a lot of time "exploring the bushy shore."
I'm not sure what to think of this child. She couldn't get enough of the rushing waves!
Every time we sat her down she headed straight into the water. She was the hardest one to keep track of!
This particular beach had awesome driftwood. I love driftwood.
Claire was chilled after getting wet, so she put on some extra clothes that she found in our bag.
I love this kid. And those other kids. And that big guy kid.
The tide eventually (about five hours after we arrived) revealed some tide pools.
Amelia wanted to be in the tide pools.
She walks better at sea level. Some one want to explain that to me?
Emmy made art.
A full day's play like that one warranted some quesadillas and a movie in bed. Vacation!
And then, once again, we slept the sleep of the happily exhausted.


1 comment:
I like this lots.
Post a Comment