We've had the flu. Since the last week of December.
Weird, right? It didn't hit us all at once, and it didn't get any of us really bad, but it has been here for a month. Stomach first, then just as we were all healed it hit us again, this time in our respiratory parts.
Needless to say, we've been home. For a month. It's a very good thing that we are all introverted home bodies, or there might have been a war. But, despite being home bodies, being home has been somewhat taxing on the kids because either I've been sick, or a baby has been sick, and either of those things means that the older kids don't get much Mom time.
Which means their imaginations have been going wild!The forts and dress ups and princess-doll-land and Lego play has been epic, to name just a few.
Papa and Lala made this lego table for the kids for Christmas last year (2012), and with it we also inherited all the legos from Caleb's childhood.
This is Super Ellie. She was invented a year ago, and they are still hard at work creating a world for her.
Me: "What's this guy's name?"
Jonah: "John. Just John. But sometimes we call him Taylor."
Ok.
This is Super Ellie's little sister, and she's the one that Millie usually gets to play with. They're not sure what her name is. Sister of Super Ellie, I guess.
This is prototype number 67 of Super Ellie's castle. It gets rebuilt at least once a week, and varies greatly every time.
Jonah added a pasture onto John's house this time around, and even remembered to feed the horses. How thoughtful!
Clairey built a house for her lego girl, who she named Clairey. Complete with a trampoline in the living room, "Jus because she wanned one."
And this is her!
And this is her maker. Clairey and Clairey are quite the pair.
This is John/Taylor's new airplane!
This is John/Taylor's house. It's basically a weaponry with an attached pasture. What more could he need?
This is Super Ellie enjoying a nice evening with her Parrot. Emmy says these are the Parrot's food bottles. Super Ellie usually has a ponytail, but she just got home from flying.
This is Clairey's blue hat collection. And one brown one, "because it's so girly!"
Indiana's Jones' hat just became girly. Sorry, man.
At any rate, this table has been the source of imaginative play for too many hours to count. I love sitting at the table with them and fiddling around and listening to them. Their brains are just a whirrin'!
We've gotten into some interesting conversations, also. Super Ellie was getting a little bossy one time, and feeling like the coolest things should all belong to her and everyone in the kingdom should do exactly what she said or else they got thrown in the dungeon. So we talked about Dictatorship. And Super Ellie cooled off.
One time they built a store where the lego people could buy new shirts, pants, hats, or even new heads! You know, the typical stuff. One time they built a pool complete with three levels of diving boards, but no one in the land was brave enough for the high dive. It was way too tall!
When we were studying ancient Egypt, we built a lego pyramid! Complete with coffin, complete with mummy. The pyramid also had treasure, toys, books, and a horse, because the Egyptians believed that the Mummy would need these things for their journey to the afterworld. Look it up!
Sometimes I get in this mood where I just want to pack up all the toys in this house and ship them somewhere very far away. And when in the mood, I do usually end up disposing of a box or two. But never, in those fits of toy-excess-mania, do I include Legos. They're cute and they really hurt to step on. And I love them.
Thanks, Papa and Lala!

6 comments:
I just love this blog...and the people it is about. I hope you are all feeling a little better!! Or even a lot better would be even greater!
This brings back great childhood memories of playing legos while mom read to us. I love that you're recreating it! It's a good one to recreate :)
I'm grateful I can walk around my apartment, in the dark, barefoot, and have no fear of lego attack. (Of course, I'd rather have legos and kids playing with them than this, but it's temporary!)
HAHAHA mom!!! What a luxury.
Have you guys seen the new lego movie? It's Hilarious!
Have you guys seen the new lego movie? It's Hilarious!
Post a Comment