Friday, February 14, 2014

Emmy Dayne Jepsoo

How many years ago was this? Didn't you just turn one?

You didn't have much hair when you were one. 

But you had personality.

And swagger.

Emmy, dear Emmy. What would I do without you?

There is so much life in your tiny little being.

Your laugh is uncontrollable, and infectious.

You brain is a like a sponge in search of moisture. If someone will talk to you, you will listen. You're just waiting to soak it all up!

You're always up for an adventure,

And your compadres are usually willing to tag along.

Did I mention that she didn't have much hair when she was a baby? She has since made up for it. 

You love anything girly and sparkly and pink and frilly, which cracks me up. That right there is proof enough for me that we don't learn everything from our parents example. You were a person before you were mortal.

 Crazy things go on inside that brain of yours, most of which I will never know. And that is fine.

Did I mention that you like everything girly? Does muddy count? Because, you like that, too.

I need you, Emmy. You smile, learn, and forgive so easily.

 You're also not afraid of work, which I appreciate.

You're really eight today? Eight years since you arrived? Eight years I've been loving and needing and watching you?


Yep, it's true! Here's to many many more years!

4 comments:

Camille said...

Haps Births, EM!!

JoAnn said...

XOXOXOXO!!!!

gr.nette said...

adorable post.

Holbrook's said...

Happy happy birthday to a happy happy girl!! We love you Em!