Monday, April 21, 2014

My Easter Lovelies

I love Easter. I love the true reason for this Holiday! I also love the time of year, the chance to dress up fancy(ish), the decorating of eggs, and even the candy. 

Two words; Cadbury Eggs.

Need I say more? 
We didn't get candy overload this year, so that could be why it made the list. 

 After church, I felt the urgent need to snap a few photos of my lovelies, and they were all for it! "How bout with dees flowas, Mom?"
Great smile, Clairey.

Then began the attempt to get one photo with all four of them smiling. This is always an adventure. And how can one be expected to hold still when one is on a waking lawn wearing a twirly dress?

 The polka dots were out in full force this year, which is as it should be.

 Attempt #1. Millie wasn't having it. Standing next to those yahoos was asking way too much, so she came to stand by me, so I asked her to smile.

Then a great thing happened! Millie gave me her first ever forced smile.
 And I nearly peed my pants.

 Which she thought was very funny.

 So then she gave me another one, mostly because it was making me laugh so hard and she loves to make people laugh. This one is a stinker that has stolen my heart.

 Then Emmy went to check on her fairy houses, and decided that this was an opportune moment for a photo, so I took one.

Jonah was running around being a pill, so the rest of the photos look something like this;
Trust me. I only blog a very small percentage of the photos that I take. :)

Alright you yahoos, let's try this again!
 Hey, at least they're all in there, right?

For about 4 seconds.

Millie then had to tell Caleb all about how I had forced her to stand next to her siblings and then demanded a smile. The tortures of being a kid!

A few hours later, after some food and some naps and some general sabbath day resting, it was brought to the kid's attention that "the easter bunny" had come.
 They were off!

What's up with easter egg hunts, and why didn't I research that before the hunt? I usually have a some what logical explanation for the kids for why we do the things we do, but not on this one. Because it's fun, yes, but where did this one start?

They did great! Caleb said that he hid 46, but then they found 52... so...

Jesus Christ was born on this earth, the spiritual and physical son of our Heavenly Father. He is the creator of this earth, the God of this earth, and he is my Savior.

 Because he suffered and paid the price for the things that I do wrong, I can be forgiven and become worthy live with these lovelies for ever.

He did His part. Wether or not any of us accept it, it's already done.
The meal has been laid, wether or not we choose to eat.

 This is a hungry world, nearing starvation. But the feast is before us! Come and partake!

Because of him, I can Mother more fully. I can love these kids with the knowledge that families continue. I can live in a downright terrifying world, and not fear.

Because of him, I have hope. The future is bright. Because of him, hard times have reason and trials make sense. Spring time makes me want to fall on my knees and cry out praises to his name for all he has given me!

We are so blessed. No matter what, no matter what. We. Are. So. Blessed.

And then Jonah gave me his first ever forced smile. 
Not really his first ever, but a pretty good one.

In other somewhat related news, our peach tree budded.
Earlier this spring Caleb spent many hours pruning our neglected fruit trees. This tree only produced two peaches last year, and the hope is that we will get many more than that this year.

But don't get me started on the yard, that's a whole 'nuther post.

3 comments:

JoAnn said...

Polka dots ARE the best! What a beautiful day! Love you all!

Unknown said...

Love those goofy kids! Millie's forced smile is so cute! Happy Easter :)

Holbrook's said...

I love all of these pictures! I love your testimony of hope and renewal!